Welcome to Knowledge Finder, where you can access the collective, global knowledge of ULI and its members — anytime and anywhere.
Not a ULI member? Become one today to unlock the power and knowledge of our global real estate network.
An expansive content library
You can now explore a diverse array of content in Knowledge Finder including:
- Reports. Discover global Emerging Trends in Real Estate®, Advisory Services and Technical Assistance panel reports, as well as reports on housing, capital markets, sustainability, and more.
- Case Studies. Find best practices and lessons learned from development projects around the world.
- Reading Lists. Explore the latest articles from the award-winning Urban Land magazine, curated around topics such as technology in real estate, opportunity zones, public private partnerships, and more.
- Events Library. Download valuable content from ULI events held globally year-round, including the Fall Meeting, Spring Meeting, Europe Conference, Asia Pacific Summit, major District and National Council events, and Product Council agendas.
- Videos. View over 100 videos on a variety of topics capturing some of our best events, interesting case studies, industry leaders, and more
- Webinars. Access webinars on a variety of real estate topics and industry trends, available on demand for the first time.
- Books. Explore the entire catalog from the ULI Bookstore searchable alongside ULI content for the first time.
AN EXPLORATORY EXPERIENCE
The platform now includes additional features for content discovery, including:
- Insight Engine. Search using a powerful, predictive engine with artificial intelligence and machine learning to discover the most relevant results.
- Keyword Search. Search by keyword across all content types and search within PDFs and documents to find which page(s) the keywords appear.
- Content Filters. Filter search results with an updated and expanded tagging system.
- Topics and Content Types. Deep dive into topic areas or content types to find the latest real estate development trends and research.
- Related Content. Stay informed by exploring related content and downloading relevant resources.
- Intuitive Design. Seamlessly explore our latest research and best practices in the newly designed mobile-friendly, easy-to-use platform.
- NEW Personalized Content Recommendations. Update your interests in your Member Directory profile to control the content you receive in your personalized monthly digest email as well as the "For You" sections throughout the site.
- NEW Trending Topics. See what's trending with ULI members from week to week and dive into a specific topic to see its latest content with our interactive graph.
Launching Knowledge Finder is just the first step along the journey toward making ULI the premier destination of real estate knowledge. As always, your feedback and involvement is integral in shaping its future as we continuously improve.
So far, we’ve identified seven future features that we have prioritized for development on our roadmap based upon member feedback:
- EDUCATIONAL COURSES
We heard: I wish I could browse ULI’s online learning and education offerings to help broaden my real estate knowledge and expertise.
How we’re responding: We are building out a new content type for ULI Learning courses, allowing members to explore on-demand educational series, courses, and certificate programs alongside all other ULI content.
- VIRTUAL SITE TOURS
We heard: I wish I could explore a variety of innovative and award-winning real estate development projects from across the globe.
How we’re responding: We are introducing an all-new content type – Virtual Tours – that will allow for behind-the-scenes access to real estate development projects from around the world including information from the project partners who developed them.
We heard: I wish I could consume content in languages other than English.
How we’re responding: We are leveraging best-in-class machine translation technology to translate the site into multiple languages, providing our global membership the ability to consume content in their language of choice. Translations are currently available in Japanese, with additional languages to be introduced over the next few years.
- VIDEO SEARCH
We heard: I wish save time by knowing when the keyword I am searching for is mentioned in a video.
How we’re responding: We are working to enable semi-automated transcriptions of videos. This will allow you to search videos by keyword and fast-forward to the most relevant sections.
- SEARCH COUNTS
We heard: I wish I could know how my search result counts would be impacted by selecting or deselecting various facets in the search page.
How we’re responding: We are working with our insight engine provider, Coveo, to build a new feature that indicates how many results will be added or subtracted when selecting different facets on the search results page.
- PERSONAL LIBRARY
We heard: I wish I could save my favorite pieces of content to view when I have more time or come back to for reference.
How we’re responding: We are building the ability to bookmark individual pieces of content that will save to your personal library within the site so you can come back when it’s most convenient for you.
We heard: I wish I could share content with friends and colleagues when I discover a valuable piece of content.
How we’re responding: We are planning to enable a way for you to share specific pieces of content with other ULI members.
If you have thoughts on any of the themes outlined above — or something you don’t see represented — we want to hear from you. We use trends we see in feedback and usability testing to prioritize enhancements and new features. Share your thoughts: [email protected]